Sunday, November 7, 2010

Roasted Double Stuffed Pork Tenderloins, with Roasted Carrots, Portabellos, Turnip, Red Pepper & Onion, Broccoli and Potatoes all in about an hour :)

Do roast dinners intimidate you ?  Too many pots , pans and ovens to keep track of? How would you like to be able to do everything , in the oven ?  All you need is 2 or three oven safe baking trays, lasagne pans or preferably some cast iron cookware and about 20 minutes of prep time.  The rest is simply timing.  This is something I came up with out of laziness :) For those long days , when you dont really want to cook, but know you should eat something good.  Besides,  who doesnt like a good roast dinner!  Especially without all the fuss and dishes !

The ingredients, I buy my potatoes and carrots from a local farm, so i simply scrub and do not peel them, the rest is just wash and slice:)

A little sunflower oil and chili powder for the roast potatoes :)
Next is the stuffing , I used fresh rosemary, sage , red onion, garlic,  jalapeno, chili pepper , and sea salt . 

Take your pork tenderloin , and slice almost 3/4 the way thru length wise, wash and pat dry. 

Add your minced goodness to the pockets in the pork, unfortunately I missed the next photo somehow .  But I folded the two tenderloins together . < > Over lapping each other to create 4 layers.  If you have kitchen twine or silicone straps, now would be a good time to truss it up . I couldn't find mine and just let them sit :)  Into a preheated oven @ 350F , set the timer for 30 minutes.   





 Add a drizzle of sunflower oil, honey , Lea & Perrin's , and a couple of cracks of sea salt and black pepper add them to the oven, and set the timer for 15 minutes.  While your adding the veggies, check on your pork and potatoes...




At the 30 minute mark, while adding the veggies. Check on the roast and rotate the potatoes for ultimate crispiness! 

After the 15 minute timer goes off (total cook time 45 minutes) add the mushrooms and broccoli, a little S&P, and sunflower oil.  I also lightly rubbed the broccoli tops in the pork drippings for a little extra flavour:) Set the timer for 10 minutes. 

Total cook time 55 minutes , (if your unsure of it being fully cooked, please check with a thermometer) remove the pork to a warm plate and let it rest for 10 minutes.  Check the veggies, if they are done, just leave them in the oven , but turn it off..  I tend to like them a little extra roasted , so i left it on. 

I transferred all the veggies to the pork pan, to soak up some extra flavour. Set the timer for 10 minutes and back into the oven.  On or off your choice at this point. 

After ten minutes of resting, move the pork to your cutting board.  If you like warm plates, like I do,  now would be a good time to put them in the oven.

I don't normally start by cutting it in half, but I knew I had forgotten the assembled raw pic and wanted to show the layers .  They came a part a little as I didn't tie it , but Ive got to say it worked great anyways!  Slice as you like it , I prefer large piece, and will cut on my plate. 


All that's left is to take the veggies from the oven , and arrange on a warm plate! Grab a knife and fork and a glass of red wine and Enjoy ! 

Ive got to add, the reason for the one small turnip is , Ive never liked them .. but have recently found that organic veggies are changing my previously disliked foods. So far this makes, Beets, Turnips, Parsnips and yes even Brussel Sprouts that I have enjoyed in the last month , all organic and delicious.  
I hope you enjoyed my : Roasted Double Stuffed Pork Tenderloins, with Roasted Carrots, Portabello Mushrooms, Turnip, Red Pepper & Onion, Broccoli and Potatoes. 

Happy Cooking :)
Rich

Roasting

11 comments:

  1. Hey Rich, this looks great and I don't even like pig meat. ;) I love the way the veggies came out too! I remember my mom putting all the root veggies and onions in to cook with her roasts when I was growing up, and can't think of why I don't do it myself. That said, next roast I do will definitely have the veggies roasting along side. Broccoli? Is a stove top steamed veggie for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lynda , and Garlic !
    The trick with roasting broccoli is too add it for the last 10 minutes! It turns out great :) Hmmm thinking about stove top steaming I do have a method for a red wine steam , all in the same pan as the rest of your veggies. Ill have to find some photos and do a post:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pork tenderloins. With all these goodies you stuffed them they must have been gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious! I've never had pork tenderloin, but they always draw my attention at the grocery store. I love all the veggies you used - I have most of that leftover from my garden. Nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Kartrina, they were very tasty. I ate it all within 24 hours :))
    Thanks, Merut. I would give them a try :) Just remember they are quite lean , roasting or bbq is best.That was my portion control for veggies at it best , usually I make enough for 6 people :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Vincent, Thank you! I would be happy to add your , is it a tag or widget ?, either way! Thanks Ill take you up on that and join right away.
    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too bad I can't reach right through my computer with my fork and eat those veggies. They look fantastic - so dark and roasty looking.

    I have been meaning to ask you if you have ever used Old Bay Seasoning? I'm not sure if you can get it in Canada - I can take a pic. if you want me to. It comes in a rectangular shaped yellow can with a red plastic cover. It is a mixture of many spices and herbs such as: celery seed, salt(a little) mustard seed, red pepper, black pepper, bay leaves, cloves, allspice, ginger, mace, cardamon, cinnamon, paprika. It is very red and very good. I use it often and especially when making cottage fries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Lindy, I did amase a rather large collection of blended spices :) Two shelves full!! lol but since Ive discovered I can make my own , Ive stopped buying any premixed ones. The ones I have now are being phased out, and my favourites ones are being copied by me when they run out.. the fun part is I never write anything down , so each batch i make is a little different.
    I liked the looks of the one you listed! I may have to try my own blend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look delicious!I came across your site from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this Foodista widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about Roasting, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alisa, I added a Foodista Widget to my page , Im just not sure its where you want it ?? Thanks, Ive also just created a profile on Foodista!

    ReplyDelete