Friday, November 26, 2010

Meat Lovers Sirloin & Sausage Pizza - Pizza from scratch 3 of 3

Pizza!!  Such a wonderful, versatile food!!
If you have been following along , you can skip the next two pictures.   If your just finding this link or page,  this is part 3 of 3 , this is a quick photo recipe of how to make pizza from scratch. 


Red Pepper and Garlic Pizza Sauce

Click here for a photo how to : http://richfletchersgoodfoodrevolution.blogspot.com/2010/11/my-favourite-sauce-making-pizza-from.html

12 Grain Whole Wheat Pizza Crust ( Rolling pin optional :)
Click here for a photo how to : http://richfletchersgoodfoodrevolution.blogspot.com/2010/11/crisp-12-grain-pizza-crust-making-pizza.html

Assemble your ingredients.
 For the pizza toppings I used , this made enough meat for two pizzas, so if you only making one , or don't want extra .. divide the meat quantity by two. 
  • 1 pound ground sirloin
  • 1 Mexican sausage ( approx 1/4 lb )
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 1 red chili pepper
  • 5 or 6 mushrooms ( Use your favourite, white ones were on sale :)
  • 1/2 Anaheim pepper
  • 1/2 poblano pepper
  • 1 medium red onion
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 3 roasted red peppers
  • 1 cup of your favourite cheese - I used Mozzarella and 6 yr old cheddar

Slice everything, except the red chili and garlic, these should be minced. 

I start the pan with a  a small hand full of onion, and a pinch of the garlic,  then add the meat.  Breaking it up with a spatula.  Cook on medium heat until lightly browned.

Save a small portion of the roasted red peppers and red onion for later.


Add all your veggies to the pan, I like to add a little S&P , and L&P at this point. Maybe a sprinkle of chili powder if your in the mood for it.
 Now is a good time to get the oven warming.  I cook slow and low, so 360F it is,  don't forget to preheat your pizza stone if using one.  Your pizza will cook more evenly. 

I like to sizzle this until the peppers are half way cooked, 5 minutes maybe . 

While the pan is on , you can grate your cheese.  I made the mistake of letting the Mozzarella  come to room temperature... made for difficult grating. 


Spread the pizza sauce over the crust, add a sprinkle of cheese , and move to the pizza stone.

Next  It's time for the good stuff,  Today I choose to pile it high!!  Try to spread it out evenly/

Once your happy with the meat and veggies, sprinkle the remaining cheese,  red onion and the roasted peppers over the pizza.  This was a meat lovers, but if you wanted to add some more cheese, it could easily become a cheesy meat lovers:)
 And into the middle of  the hot oven , for about 15 minutes. 

I like to let my pizzas sit for a few minutes before slicing. Seems to help when cutting a stacked pizza.  Leaving it on the stone will ensure its still nice and hot.

Nothing left to do now but , grab a slice and enjoy!!
Well, I hope you've found my 3 parts series on making a pizza from scratch helpful.I'm sure Ive missed a few steps in there somewhere. I was having a hard time putting thoughts to keyboard this week. So please fire away if you have any questions or comments. 
My favourite thing about pizza , is you have SO many options and styles to choose from... and almost any combination of goodies will work.  Just remember to have fun with it !  Enjoy!

Happy Cooking
Rich


Baking

1 comment:

  1. Okay... Ill go first!! lol Is it that good that your stunned senseless ?? or so bad your gagging and cant get a word out ?? I can say this pizza, was not my best ever , but it was really good. If I was to make it again , I would add some portobello mushrooms to it and a third cheese to the top .. maybe something like gruyere ??

    ReplyDelete