Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A New Chapter begins with Spring part 4

I hope you are enjoying the farm and gardening posts, as this is one of the directions I wanted my Good Food Revolution to go in , don't worry I'll still be creating new dishes, and posting food pix and recipes.   Ill just be going a little further and showing you where all that yummy food comes from , and no its not a grocery store :)) lol   Enjoy the final post .. although this is not the end, rather a new beginning !!

Two of my re-purposed cold frames are going to be part of another little experiment .. they have warmed the ground enough that i can actually dig it up ... so I'm going to plant a few of the onions that sprouted in my pantry over winter.  

One week in , and the lettuce is showing some life !!  

One, two three everyone raise you bum in the air !! Hahahaha 

Trying some onions from seed for the first time..  One week in  

Same in the 80x20 green house..   this made my morning to see these had sprouted.  I didn't have the notes with me , but I think its spinach .  

That me! lol  ..  sure was thirsty work ,  I dug all that by hand with a shovel and fork.  

Off into the sunset I go !!!  

I hope you have enjoyed this post, and the previous three before it .. if you didn't  see them you can find them all here .   http://richfletchersgoodfoodrevolution.blogspot.com/search/label/growing%20your%20own%20food

2 comments:

  1. Rich, I, for one, am really happy you are doing gardening posts. Provides me with a sense of what I can expect here in northern MI and helps keep me motivated in this nasty weather. Right now, today, I will search for a bucket in the pole barn which I can use to dump the under-the-kitchen-sink compost into. We were finally able to get our trailer licensed and road-legal on Friday so plan to take it to a local place tomorrow and buy straw bales which will help immensely on this soggy, sandy ground. I also need to find a pair of warm gardening boots. I have Sorrels but they really aren't what is needed in the garden.

    ReplyDelete