Saturday, April 16, 2011

Less Words, More Food 13

I haven't been writing to many recipes lately , so I hope you are all happy with a few food pix until I get writing again :))  I tend to not use a recipe , and just open my fridge and start grabbing food , until my arms are full.. then  its off to the chopping block to see whats for dinner :))  Here is a few of my dinners from the last week or so .

Making my 1st veggie stock :)  Tasted great :)  

Having a little fun with bread, this one is a spicy chili and Marmite batch :) Loved it ! 

Free Range Beef Burgers, with spinach , jalapeno, garlic, mushrooms, and red onion :)) 

This batch was a basil, garlic, and red onion whole wheat bread ( with added 12 whole grains ) 

Quick and Easy Lunch food, Chunk Tuna , with cucumbers, garlic , mushroom and red onion.

Was experimenting with different bread pans, tried using my muffin trays , worked out great . Especially if your like me and love the crispy edges.  

Was too cold, dark and wet to BBQ , so a cast iron skillet has to do sometimes. 

A quick batch of midnight tacos :))  Was not happy with that Mozzarella, and wont be buying that brand again .. it didn't really melt very well  :(

Work lunch :)   Tomato/cucumber salad, with a spicy tuna spread, half a burger, and some of my homemade butter and bread ! 

There you have it :) I do hope you have enjoyed the food pictures.   Does anyone have a recipe request ?  I've been kinda stumped lately on writing them, maybe a request will jolt me into action lol .
Have a great day , Happy Cooking !!

3 comments:

  1. Everything looks yummy - particularly that work lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Rich.

    1. Your veggie stock looks wonderful. Did you strain it, puree' the veggies into the broth, or eat the veggies with some broth as you would soup?

    2. I love bread made with added goodies.

    3. I always use muffin pans when I am making rolls from some of my bread dough - works great.

    4. What did you use as a dressing in your tomato/cuke salad (last pic)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sanda :))
    and Thank you Lindy :))
    1. I reduced it from 6L to 6 cups , and just strained and froze most of it , 2 cups became the base for a nice chicken stew :)) I was thinking of blitzing the veggies , but decided the dogs would benefit more from them .
    2. Me too !! Loving the chili/marmite combo !
    3. I really like it ( I think I got the idea from you !! lol ) will make a batch of them every bread making time from now on .
    4. That last one I cheated and used a descent greek salad dressing , altho .. next time I will just make my own . Store bought is starting to become really dull. lol

    ReplyDelete