Saturday, February 19, 2011

A taste of summer, in the middle of winter:)

Ive been trying to get outside all week to have a BBQ, but the weather just did not cooperate.   The reason I wanted to have a BBQ is a fellow food blogger Laurie ( http://foodslove.blogspot.com/ ) was having a little fun Summer Party to help break up the winter blues.    I wasn't able to cook something specifically for this , but i went back through a few of last summers dinners , and came up with a few you might like :))

Oh how I miss my farmers markets and fresh veggies :) 

A couple of 1/2 pound home burgers is my usual summer dinner .  

Chili Chicken, peppers and onion skewers 





A nice treat , proscuitto salami and melon .  

This was a little midnight snack , steak on a bun with onions.  I don't normally cut them in half ,  not entirely sure why I did here :)) 

Steak and corn make a lot of appearances in the summer months :)) 

Burgers are about twice weekly ,  I load all sorts of goodies inside them , peppers, onions, mushrooms & garlic are the most common. 

A picture of my spot by the river from Canada Day  :)  


1 comment:

  1. Love it! Thanks so much Rich for particpating :) You are a doll! This was a Great Summery pictorial! Simply Inspirational!

    ReplyDelete