Monday, December 20, 2010

Less Words, More Food 2 :)

Its been a strange week for food for me,  a few days of cooking like a mad man ,  then a couple of days surviving on cheese and toast :)  Also,oddly enough it started with meatballs, and ended with meatballs :)
Here is a quick look at what has been coming out of my kitchen :)

Grass fed Beef Meatballs with Garlic Latkes

More free range beef, all from a local farm :) Today was -20C a good stew was needed .

Free Range eggs, hand cut chips and my own canned tomatoes :)

One of my favourite snacks, or light meals .  Homemade 12grain flat bread, with 6yr old cheddar, a little L&P, and my new fav. hot sauce :) Mmmmm

Cottage pie :) Nice and simple on a cold day!  Ground sirloin peas, carrots and mushrooms :)

Hmmmph, whadda ya know :) More cheese on toast !! lol 

Meat lovers Nachos, Ground sirloin, peppers, onions, mushrooms, mozzarella and aged cheddar on whole wheat nachos.

Back to meatballs :) This time made with ground sirloin, and destined to be pan fried with red wine and olive oil.

Spaghetti and Meatballs, in a homemade pasta sauce, with my garlic/basil tomatoes I canned earlier this year.
This is the second week of doing this, and I'm starting to enjoy them.  What do you think ? Is it a good addition to a photo recipe post , or farm to fork posts ? There will be more of those to come next season !!  I'm heading back to the farm in February. That's it , I'm keeping these short on words.  Enjoy, and Happy Cooking .
Rich

3 comments:

  1. Interesting - today I am going to be doing some cooking: meatballs and a beef stew. The beef only comes from happy pasture-raised cows. The veggies from the organic farmer's market. We've been gone for a few days so I really need to get this cooking done.

    Rich, your spaghetti sauce looks lush - I enjoy lots of pics. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Sounds great Lindy, the free range or pasture raised beef is so much better ,in taste and texture. Also I find I can cut down my portion size a little :)
    The sauce was great , so healthy and good!! I should do a blog post on it , I wonder if I have enough photos... not that its a problem if I have to make another batch :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep listening to the news bulletin speak about getting free online grant applications so I have been looking around for the finest site to get one. Could you tell me please, where could i acquire some?
    white organic sesame seeds

    ReplyDelete