Friday, March 11, 2011

Less Words, More Food 10

Its time once again for another round of Less Words, More Food.  Its mid winter here, and food prices are going thru the roof ..  its time to start getting a little creative with things, and making the most of the fresh veggies I can get.

Making Pork Sirloin In Mushroom Sauce :)  

A Vegetarian Mushroom , Onion , Pepper and Cheese Pita Pizza 

Curry Chicken and Veggies Stir Fry :) ( My first try at using Tofu )



Finished Pork Sirloin with 3 mushroom/onion sauce , cheese tortelinni and peas :)) 


Chili n Pasta Stuffed Red Peppers.

Another great sunset on my way home.  Love the silhouette of farms. 

Please leave a comment below , and let me know what you think :)
Is there anything you'd like to see ?
Recipe wise or discussions ??
Happy Cooking !!

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Rich - I've been reading your posts for a few weeks now @ Beer and Butter Tarts - you always post such gorgeous photos and foods! I would love to know how you made the pork sirloin (is that like a tenderloin?) with mushroom/onion sauce, tortellini and peas - it looks scrumptious :D

    I've noticed the grocery prices skyrocketing here too (just north of Toronto) - I try not to buy a lot of convenience foods but but that doesn't seem to help much with the bills at the grocery store! And joining Costco is definitely not a money saver, LOLOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandra :)) Ill have that particular one done very soon, I have the pictures organized , just need to write it up ( The hardest part for me ) Im just East of Toronto , so I know exactly what you are seeing .. $3 for a spindly head of romaine ... ugh! Are you on facebook ?? I posted a lot of that dish on my food page ( top right of this blog ) If not stick around, Ill get that pork in mushroom sauce posted asap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rich, Those chili stuffed Peppers look outrageous!! I think I have to "adapt" or should I say "adopt" that idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :)) lol Just remember me when you are rich and famous :)) It was a lot of fun , and really tasty . I will be making other versions of this again, maybe even this weekend lol I have a few red peppers to use up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking of $3 spindly romaine - I see our stores are well stocked with spindly celery as well, lol.

    I don't have Facebook but I'm subscribed to your blog now so I won't miss any posts or recipes :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Sandra :)) Im just getting back to blogging today , had to take a week off to adjust to working again !!

    ReplyDelete