Thursday, October 28, 2010

In the Beginning...

My journey into the world of Food Blogs has just begun.  If you would have told me a couple of years ago, that Id be starting a food blog today I would have said your crazy! No one wants to see my food !  Well, about a year ago I started posting some of my creations, and  the odd appetizer on my Facebook page that drew a small but loyal following of friends. Next I decided to try a Foodie Page on FB, that was three months ago this week. Not really knowing where it would take me, or if I  would even enjoy it...  and look where I've ended up! I'm starting a food blog!
I just started posting everything I made and did in the kitchen.  Next thing you know I was hooked and couldn't cook or eat anything without first taking multiple photos of it.  A few weeks into this endeavor I realized it was one of the best things Ive done, as I continually pushed myself in the kitchen.  Trying to make better tasting and looking food , delving into all things green, local, and sustainable. I tried my hand at all sorts of firsts for me; canning 25 jars of tomatoes, hand made bread, beets, homemade pizzas, hummus, spreads and even eating brussel sprouts!
Then I starting hearing the F word floating around,  it dawned on me I'm being called a foodie !  That was a little weird at first. Who me ? A foodie ?? Was hard to imagine.  Now I can't imagine it any other way.
 So that brings me to this blog.  This is just a continuation of my journey into the world of sustainable, local, hopefully organic, good food. Im excited to see where this willl take me.
Ill end this post with a couple of the pictures that started it all for me , and a welcome to all to come and join my Good Food Revolution.
Sunday Brunch Favourite: Frittata : Kobassa, mushrooms, onion, red pepper, and feta cheese.

Hand stretched pizza, with Chicken, Ham, Red Pepper, Mushrooms, Green Onions and Rosemary.  With a homemade Tomatoe and Garlic Hummus sauce, all topped with aged Cheddar and Mozzarella.

Future posts will include recipes , and a photo how to, and I'm always available if you need some help, or have any questions.

Welcome to My Good Food Revolution!  Enjoy
Rich Fletcher

5 comments:

  1. Yay, Rich!!! :D You did it. I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT JOB RICH!!!!!! Can't wait to continue the journey with you!!!! Who knows - maybe you will get a show out this!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We raise our arms (and forks) and join in the revolution!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lindy, Robin and Danny!! I'm looking forward to seeing where this leads:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo! Your new must have kitchen tools are a spiral bound note pad and a pencil... you gotta write it all down so we can try it in our kitchens!

    Wishing you every success!
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete